- Court Filings
- Deeds and Mortgages
- Recording Fees
- Search Online Records
- How to Apply for a Passport
- Allegany County DMV
Robert L. Christman
Robert L. Christman
Ryan M. Keib
Deputy County Clerk
Jessica L. Lynch
Deputy County Clerk II
P.O. Box 242
7 Court Street Rm 18
Belmont, New York 14813
8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Open during lunch hour
Phone: (585) 268-9270
Fax: (585) 268-5881
Allegany County Clerk’s Office Mission Statement
The County Clerk is responsible for the receipting, indexing, storage and retrieval of documents, including legal records pertaining to ownership of real property and all court records, except criminal records, for Supreme Court and County Court. The County Clerk’s Office is also responsible for the collection of revenue for these services, which are provided to several levels of government.
*ELECTRONIC RECORDING (“E-RECORDING”)*
Beginning October 3, 2022, the Allegany County Clerk is accepting E-Recorded documents! Real property documents may be submitted through our two E-Recording vendors: CSC Recording and/or Simplifile. Click below to start E-Recording today!
ALLEGANY COUNTY DMV WEBPAGE: Click HERE.
COUNTY TAX SALE: Click HERE for information regarding the County tax sale. If you wish to search the County Clerk records for liens on a property, you may search in-person at the County Clerk’s office or online HERE. (Please note: not all County Clerk records are available on the online search service.) The County Clerk’s Office does NOT give legal advice.
FORMS OF PAYMENT: Fees collected by the County Clerk’s Office may be paid by Cash, Check or Money Order only. No credit/debit cards accepted at this time. All payments made payable to Allegany County Clerk.
FRAUD ALERT PROGRAM: If you would like to sign up to receive an e-mail when documents are recorded under your name, please click HERE.
TO CUSTOMERS WHO RECORD DOCUMENTS IN OUR OFFICE: All documents presented for recording in our office must be accompanied with an adequately-sized, self-addressed, stamped envelope (“SASE”). This department will no longer provide envelopes or accept the expense incurred to return recorded documents to you; therefore it is imperative that you take action to ensure that your original, important documents will be returned to you.
THE COUNTY CLERK’S OFFICE DOES NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE. We suggest that you consult an attorney for assistance.
Below are some helpful links to find legal help in your area:
- NY Courts “Court Help” click here
- NY Courts “Find a Lawyer” click here
- LawHelpNY.org directory click here
- NYS Bar Association Lawyer Referral click here
Office Closed on the Following Dates:
- January 2, 2023: New Year’s Day (observed)
- January 16, 2023: Martin Luther King Day
- February 13, 2023: Lincoln’s Birthday (observed) (Closed to the Public)
- February 20, 2023: President’s Day
- May 29, 2023: Memorial Day
- June 19, 2023: Juneteenth (Closed to the Public)
- July 4, 2023: Independence Day
- September 4, 2023: Labor Day
- October 9, 2023: Columbus Day
- November 7, 2023: Election Day (Closed to the Public)
- November 10, 2023: Veterans Day
- November 23, 2023: Thanksgiving
- November 24, 2023: Day after Thanksgiving
- December 25, 2023: Christmas
Website updated 5/10/2023