Allegany County DMV
DMV IS OPEN FOR APPOINTMENTS & WALK-INS
TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT, CLICK THE LINK HERE: alleganycountydmv.setmore.com
Pre-booked appointments are open to residents of Allegany, Cattaraugus, Steuben, Wyoming, and Livingston counties ONLY.
Effective Tuesday, May 25, 2021, the Allegany County Department of Motor Vehicles will open its doors to “Walk-In Appointments” in addition to the existing appointment system. Walk-in appointments will be available to Allegany County residents ONLY.
However, individuals with pre-booked appointments will be prioritized over those with walk-in appointments. We always suggest that visitors schedule an appointment at alleganycountydmv.setmore.com.
No walk-in appointments will be given after 3:45 PM. There is no guarantee that walk-in transactions will be processed that day, as pre-booked appointments take precedence.
Please feel free to call the Allegany County DMV with questions or concerns at (585) 268-9267.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
WANT TO REQUEST A PAPER RENEWAL REMINDER? Customers who were automatically enrolled in Electronic Reminders can click HERE and choose from the following options:
- Unsubscribe completely and receive paper reminders only, or
- Stay enrolled, but opt to receive paper reminders as well.
GREEN LIGHT APPOINTMENTS must be made in-person every first and third Thursday of the month between the hours of 1:00 PM and 2:00 PM.
FOR DMV FORMS, CLICK HERE.
We are experiencing a high volume of calls right now, so we thank you for your patience when calling. If there is no answer, you may wish to call the NYS DMV help hotline for questions at 1-800-698-2931 or visit dmv.ny.gov.
Alice M.H. Lentola
Deputy County Clerk III
P.O. Box 242
7 Court Street
Belmont, New York 14813
Phone: (585) 268-9267
Fax: (585) 268-9659
Hours: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Open during lunch hour (limited staff)
CDL Testing Hours:
8:30 am – 1:00 pm
All Other Testing Hours:
8:30 am – 3:30 pm
For a list of documents required to prove ID for a permit, license, Real ID, or non-driver ID, please click the link BELOW:
PAYMENT BY CREDIT CARD
Until further notice, credit cards will only be accepted for IN-PERSON DMV transactions. Mail-in transactions will not be processed with credit card payments.
FOR DMV FORMS, CLICK HERE
Office Closed on the Following Dates:
- December 31, 2021: New Year’s Day (observed)
- January 17, 2022: Martin Luther King Day
- February 11, 2022: Lincoln’s Birthday (observed) (Closed to the Public)
- February 21, 2022: President’s Day
- May 30, 2022: Memorial Day
- June 20, 2022: Juneteenth (observed) (Closed to the Public)
- July 4, 2022: Independence Day
- September 5, 2022: Labor Day
- October 10, 2022: Columbus Day
- November 8, 2022: Election Day (Closed to the Public)
- November 11, 2022: Veterans Day
- November 24, 2022: Thanksgiving
- November 25, 2022: Day after Thanksgiving
- December 26, 2022: Christmas (observed)