County Clerk


How to Record Your Discharge at a County Clerk’s Office in New York State

The Allegany County Clerk recommends that you initiate the recording process by visiting the Allegany County Veteran’s Agency. The Veterans Service officer in your county can provide you with information on other benefits you’re entitled to as a veteran.

Honorably discharged veterans of the United States armed forces are entitled to record their discharge certificates (DD-214) at the County Clerk’s office where they live, free of charge. Certified copies of recorded discharges will be made, again free of charge, for veterans or their immediate families whenever needed.

If you recorded your DD-214 (discharge document) in another New York State County, click here to find other County Clerks who can assist you with your document needs.