Hazard Mitigation Update
Allegany County’s Multi-jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Update began in 2022, with expected completion by June of 2024.
Please note, this page is currently under construction and will continue to be updated as we work on efforts in public engagement and strategy. Please check back soon for more information!
Allegany County was awarded a grant from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Region 2. As part of the efforts to update the plan we are in the process of conducting public engagement sessions and would love to hear from the public. Below, you will find information on previous public meetings, interactive maps (and a how-to) where you can provide comments, a public survey where you can provide us information about hazard mitigation efforts, and you can check out the new plan.
How Can YOU Participate?
There are several ways to participate in this effort! And we’d love to hear your feedback.
In-person meetings are planned in each district. The list of meetings is provided below and expect to take place in September and October.
- District 4 – September 19, 2023 5-6:30 PM at the Wellsville Airport 2600 Tarantine Blvd Wellsville, NY
- District 2 – September 26, 2023 5-7 PM at the Crossroads Center 6087 SR-19 Belmont, NY
- District 3 – September 28, 2023 5-7 PM at Bolivar Town Hall 252 Main St Bolivar, NY
- District 5 – October 3, 2023 5-7 PM at Almond Town/Village Hall 1 Marvin Ln Almond, NY
- District 1 – October 5, 2023 5-7 PM at Angelica Grange 49 Park Circle Angelica, NY
Utilize the interactive maps in the links below to provide live comments at specific locations in Allegany County. Not sure how to add comments on the maps? Click the PDF “how-to” for some guidance.
- District I Map – Add comments for locations in Centerville, Hume, Granger, Rushford, Caneadea, Belfast and Angelica
- District II Map – Add comments for locations in New Hudson, Cuba, Clarksville, Friendship, Amity, and Ward
- District III Map – Add comments for locations in Wirt, Scio, Genesee, Bolivar, Alma, Willing and Independence.
- District IV Map – Add comments for locations in Wellsville and Andover.
- District V Map – Add comments for locations in Grove, Burns, Allen, Birdsall, Almond, West Almond and Alfred.
Respond using our survey! We are looking for your responses on hazard mitigation. Do you think there are specific areas we should focus on, are you prepared, or do you even know what to do? Tell us! Information gathered will be used to help us evaluate problem areas and opportunities for public education. Use the QR code to start now.
- No worries if you don’t want to provide a response online. We get it! A PDF copy is provided and can be printed and either emailed or mail right over to us.
- Allegany County Hazard Mitigation Plan Community Survey
What Are Some Useful Links?
- 2018 Allegany County Hazard Mitigation Plan Update
- Invite to Stakeholders in January 2023
- Slideshow from January 2023 Kick-off Meetings
- 2023-2024 Allegany County Hazard Mitigation Draft Plan Update
- FEMA – Hazard Mitigation Planning website
- FEMA – Planning Guides for Community Preparation
- Ready.gov – Resources and guidance to help you prepare for emergencies
Hazard Mitigation - Contact Us!
If you'd like to send us any additional comments or questions please feel free to do so here. We look forward to hearing from you!