County Treasurer

Terri L. Ross

Deputy County Treasurer

Jenna L. Kelley

Confidential Secretary To The County Treasurer

Meghan Washer


Village Clerks

Town Assessors

School Tax Collectors

Town & County Tax Collectors

School Tax Rates

Town and County Rates

Tax Schedule:

Seen below are the months in which the specified bill should arrive and is payable without interest.

Village – June                                     

School – September                         

Town & County – January          

If you have moved make sure to make address changes with the assessor for the town in which your property/ properties are located. Address changes do take time and is up to the property owner to call and make changes. If you haven’t received your bill you must contact the collector for a copy of the bill you seek to pay.

*All delinquent taxes are payable to the Allegany County Treasurer


7 Court St., Room 134, Belmont, New York 14813

Phone: 585.268.9289
Fax: 585.268.7506

 Office Hours:
8:30am – 4:00pm



Property Search

2022 Delinquent Property Tax redemption date :

Final date of Redemption is February 15th 2024.

If you have questions or concerns contact our office.




19th – Juneteenth

Community College Information

Certificate of Residency Application 

When can you submit your application along with proof of residence?

No earlier than 60 Days prior to first day of the semester.

No later than 45 Days after first day of semester.

Please submit completed application along with proof of residence (driver’s license/permit).

Do you qualify?

You must be a New York State Resident for one year.

Certificates may pro-rated between counties if you have not lived in Allegany County for six consecutive months.

For non-citizen applications please call or stop in the office.

  • May I pay my oldest delinquent tax bill first?
  • How can I apply for an exemption?
    • Contact your local town assessor for application process.
  • Questions on property assessments?
    • The local town assessor is the best person to contact.
  • Where do I change mailing address or name on a property?
    • If a name chance occurs due to: marriage, divorce, or death, the assessor can make updates to names for the assessment/tax roll only.
    • If you need to change mailing address call local town assessor.
    • For legal changes in owner(s) or legal modification of owner name requires contacting the County Clerk’s Office.

There are several ways in which you can pay your taxes!


—Personal Check

—Money Order

—Bank Check

*Now enjoy the convenience & flexibility of credit card payments for fees and taxes. Payment service provided by: Xpress-pay   &  Official Payments Corp
(Additional site fee applied per transaction)